We are currently reviewing service provision to ensure that what we do meets the needs of people and their families living with the impact of epilepsy. We will update you via our website and Facebook when this review has been completed.
Awareness & Advisory
We operate our office on a part-time basis and are happy to talk to you and to help you navigate which organisations provide services in your area. Please do leave a message and we will return your call.
We believe in working in collaboration with other service providers to achieve our goals,
We take a varied approach to raising awareness including:
- Attendance at community events and forums.
- Brain Train seminars – to inform and educate about epilepsy and/or current research
- Printed material – ask about our seizure chart it provides information about types of seizures and what to do – great for displaying by workplace or school first aid kits – or having on your fridge.
- Online through our website and social media
In recent years we have supported other organisations to provide services to support people with epilepsy such as:
- Talk Talk Counselling – we can still put you in touch with a counsellor who will advise their costs.
- Creative Therapy – this was provided in collaboration with Mapura Studios. Mapura Studios are still delivering incredible creative opportunities for people with disability you can find out more about what they do on their website.
- KindyRock – this programme ran in collaboration with KindyRock NZ and Carlson School providing two classes per week throughout the school term. For information about what KindyRock are doing these days go to their website.