HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE EPILEPSY FOUNDATION
Epilepsy awareness and support is essential to the 80,000 New Zealanders living with the condition. If, you have heard our radio campaign or seen our TV interviews and responded, we are truly grateful. Thank you for taking the time to visit the Epilepsy Foundation website to consider how you could help.
PURPLE DAY 2014 – LAUNCH OF A NEW ERA AT THE EPILEPSY FOUNDATION
In 2013 the Epilepsy Foundation added to its Constitution, the implementation of Epilepsy Support Trusts nationwide. These support trusts will be tasked with implementing therapeutic programmes, events and activities for all New Zealanders who live with epilepsy.
March 26 is Purple Day, worldwide epilepsy awareness day, it is the perfect day for the Epilepsy Foundation to relaunch its new website and formally announce the implementation of its nationwide Epilepsy Support Trusts. What better day than Purple Day?
Whether you have epilepsy, live with epilepsy or through the goodness of your heart wish to support others living with Epilepsy, the Foundation would like to hear from you by emailing us.
Below are a few of the ways you, as an individual or a business, could help the Epilepsy Foundation support New Zealanders living with epilepsy.
HOW YOU CAN HELP AS AN INDIVIDUAL
- Becoming a Trustee on your local support Trust to implement support programmes
- Volunteer your time to help set up an epilepsy support programmes in your region.
- Offer complimentary use of facilities and equipment for programme implementation
- By creating epilepsy fundraising and awareness programmes in your region
- Individual donations support nationwide programming, or if requested your area
- By creating awareness of epilepsy in your region and liking our Facebook page
HOW YOUR BUSINESS CAN HELP
- Offer your company’s expertise and services to support the Epilepsy Foundation
- Becoming an Epilepsy Foundation corporate partner
- Sponsor our nationwide Epilepsy Foundations schools awareness programme
- Sponsor the purchase of essential equipment for people with disabling epilepsy
- Sponsor or offer an annual Epilepsy Foundation fundraising event
- Sponsor the costs of Epilepsy Foundation promotional and awareness documentation
- Sponsor, one or all of, the Epilepsy Foundation Forums. Age specific programmes
- The Epilepsy Foundation Child Epilepsy Forum
- The Epilepsy Foundation Youth Epilepsy Forum
- The Epilepsy Foundation Adult Epilepsy Forum
- The Epilepsy Foundation Elderly Epilepsy Forum
These Forums will insure age specific programming for each group is researched then met.
You may wish to consider supporting the Epilepsy Foundation by offering a bequest. A bequest to the Foundation would leave an incredible legacy by bringing purpose to the lives of those who are unable to engage in their communities due to the disabling nature of their epilepsy.
With the delicate nature of some of the above options, you can receive any further information or have your questions answered directly by calling Murray, the Epilepsy Foundation General Manager on 09 573 5772.
DONATIONS CAN BE MADE IMMEDIATELY BY PRESSING THE DONATION BUTTON.